First than all, this will be my first post as Co-Founder of this group. Not the first time I post a journal on a group, not gonna be the last.
*Sigh* Anyway, let's clear things up, specially about the rules:
First than all, we welcome fiction made by you, but it doesn't just mean original stories: you'll find a Fanfic folder on the gallery; it means we consider fanfics and crossovers as well... just in case you don't get that clearly.
Believe it or not, we accept Character bios and profiles as valid work. After all, you might like to tell off story who the character's supposed to be. The place for that is the Character BIO Sheets. Formerly the Character BIOs and Bio Sheets folders, but people would have to choose not knowing the difference between one or the other, so, given there's no difference, they were merged into one folder, available for everybody to post their BIOs and profiles there.
Tutorials and template have a room in our house as well: Those kind of resources can now be found on the "Tutorials and Templates" folder. Because we want you to be better writters and those are the perfect tools to help people. If you actually have a tutorial or a template for us, put it there. Of course, it must be relevant to the topic (only writing tutorials and profiles/bios templates are accepted on that folder. Nothing else.)
Our primary concern, of course, is quality. It must be an actual story, with the grammar properly defined, and a proper story flow. Not just writing all what you think without caring where it falls. It must be organized. Of course, if you feel like drawing a shorty short story, you might like to get into "Daily Drabble", a folder that apparently exists since a pretty short while. If you feel like drabbling, then there...
For those who still don't get it: You can only post up to 2 works on "Critic Me Please", NONE on "Featured" (that folder is only for us to touch and for you to read) and up to 4 works everywhere else. By personal experience I know the former wording got people confused, so I already changed it, but people might like to skip the rules. Whell, this is bigger, you can't avert your eyes from this.
If you don't feel like writing in English, DON'T DO IT!
You'll confuse the heck of your readers. Thinking on you, now the group has a "Translation Wanted" folder for those stories of those multilingual people who just can't get the proper English working. Post there the works on other languages that you would want to get translated.
The secondary concern: LOCATION! When I went to merge the Character BIO Sheets folder, I found a lot of works what just doesn't get in place. Seriously, people, check the location. Here goes a short description of the current folders:Featured
- Special art located there BY THE STAFF. Critic Me Please
- A place for those bold of heart who decide to face the critical eye of this site. Seriously, go to that folder, read the stories there, and give them some feedback.Short Stories
- The old little "One-Shots", called with a more refined and less gun allusive name. A folder for your one parters.First and Zeros
- For those who post a story but still haven't post the first chapter. A place for the 00s and the 01sTwos and Onwards
- Once you have the first, you need the follow-ups in other place. This is the place, 02s and upper go here.Fanfics
- As any dA group proud of it, we have a place for the fan content. Place here your Fan-fictions and crossovers.What if
- This is more of a game than a proper category: test your character by putting them in a specific situation. More info here: yumiko-shinobi.deviantart.com/…Character BIO Sheets
- You wanna talk about your "charas"? Have at thee! Here's where the profiles and bios come over.Tutorials and Templates
- For those who want a guide before jumping the shark. Writing and story making tutorials come here, as well as templates for profiles and BIOs.References
- Because you need to talk about the settings some times. Well, here's the place. Put your universe notes for everyone to know.Stamps
- This one's actually a fun folder, for all the stamps we consider fitting. Go ahead put a stamp for our letters. Yeah, we still use letters... Shut up...Poetry
if you feel rivers of ink roaming without harmony through the white seas of paper are not what your heart needs to show the world what pumps from it... I mean, if you go poems, then here...Daily Drabble
- For those who feel this group makes their words sound siiiiiillyyyyyyy (Stop it, Pinkie! Geez...), this is the place for you. Have at thee!Translation Wanted
- Para los paisanos que no hablan la lengua de Yankilandia, pues a darle bataola! (it means, non-English works come here.
As a final request, I wanna ask the members and all those who get these journals on their Journals folders to please, spread the word: #WriteFiction
is NOT DEAD and were prepping things for the heads up.
Spread the voice! SPREAD THE VOICE!